United States Meriwether - La Vista NE 68128
Put you culinary skills to the test with a high end menu to serve our seniors!
The Meriwether, the newest Agemark Senior Living community, ranked #10 with Great Places to Work, is looking for a Sous Chef to help lead, support and develop all Dining team members, all food prep, ordering and line execution standards and protocols set forth by management.
When we say “We’re like family” at Agemark, it means something!
The truth about families is that no two are alike. But big or small, traditional or laid back, here’s what all healthy families have in common: they love, support, listen to and respect one another. They don’t abuse or neglect each other, even when they disagree or one makes a mistake. And they share traditions, expectations and values. For more than 30 years, these are the things that have made Agemark a family of happy, engaged and productive employees – and of grateful, happy customers. You’ll feel the difference the moment you walk through the door of any one of our communities.
As the Sous Chef, the core of your job will be to assist the Chef to maintain a friendly, efficient, positive attitude towards residents, co-workers and families. Serve as a role model of service excellence by conducting pre-service meetings and demonstrating proper portions, presentation, “clean as you go,” and demonstrating positive people skills and customer service. Partners with others in the organization in development and sustainable practices and approaches of excellent food quality and service delivery.
- Responsible for providing guidance and daily supervision to staff in the department. Supports and administers operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and service objectives.
- Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with manager regarding any concerns, with attention to resident satisfaction.
- Produces menu items as listed; follows all prep lists, and ensures kitchen is stocked and ready for service.
- Responsible for supporting compliance to regulations.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior residence service. Ensures service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
- Assists with maintaining control methods and procedures by monitoring consistent pars and inventory in each restaurant.
- Assists Chef de with administrative duties, such as tracking/maintaining attendance records.
- Embrace & demonstrate the organization’s 4 core values: Professionalism, Integrity, Compassion, Commitment
- Associate degree (A.A.) in culinary or related field, and minimum two (2) years of culinary experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum one (1) year of previous supervisory experience required.
- ServSafe certification required or must be obtained within
- Previous experience cooking for large groups in a commercial kitchen required.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs regularly
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to write reports & business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and residents.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must have the ability to interact with residents, staff, and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to work all shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as business needs dictate.
- Models behaviors to effectively motivate, lead, and develop the Dining team.
- Maintains a positive reputation within the community.
Join the family!
Apply for this job