Dining Assistant - PT
United States Meriwether - La Vista NE 68128
Meriwether in LaVista, NE is looking for a Part Time Dining Assistant. We are an Agemark Senior Living community, ranked #10 with Great Places to Work. In this Dining Assistant position, you'll be responsible for preparing and serving food to residents, busing tables, cleaning the dining room, maintaining food and sanitation quality and participating in all dining services as directed.
When we say “We’re like family” at Agemark, it means something!
The truth about families is that no two are alike. But big or small, traditional or laid back, here’s what all healthy families have in common: they love, support, listen to and respect one another. They don’t abuse or neglect each other, even when they disagree or one makes a mistake. And they share traditions, expectations and values. For more than 30 years, these are the things that have made Agemark a family of happy, engaged and productive employees – and of grateful, happy customers. You’ll feel the difference the moment you walk through the door of any one of our communities.
- Participate in serving food or beverages, as directed.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe kitchen/dining room environment.
- Store food properly for infection control.
- Bus tables during and after meals, as directed.
- Empty and return dish carts and/or tubs.
- Clean and sanitize equipment, appliances, floors, drains, storage areas, refrigerator, freezer and sinks according to schedule.
- Vacuum carpet and clean floor in dining room as scheduled.
- Rinse and soak dishes and tableware; load, run and monitor the dish machine.
- Soak and clean pots and pans, as directed.
- Put away clean dishes, tableware, pots and pans.
- Empty trash; break down boxes and dispose of recyclables, as directed.
- Prepare, deliver and retrieve resident food trays, as directed.
- Notify Supervisor of needed supplies and equipment/appliance malfunctions.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- At least 1 year of prior food preparation and service experience preferred.
- Experience working with elderly population preferred; not required.
- Prior working experience as a server or wait staff
- Recognize improvement opportunities.
- Prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in a fast paced, service oriented, environment.
- Work scheduled hours based on personnel and Community needs; may be required to work weekends.
- Maintain constructive relationships with co-workers, residents and families.
- Adhere to confidentiality of information pertaining to residents, Community operations and personnel.
- Compliance with State and Federal food handling and safety regulations.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Every other weekend is required.
Join the Family!
Apply for this job