Part Time Dining Server
United States Meriwether - La Vista NE 68128
Meriwether in LaVista is looking for a Part Time Dining Server. We are an Agemark Senior Living community, ranked #10 with Great Places to Work. In this Part Time Dining Server position, you'll be responsible for preparing and serving food to residents, busing tables, cleaning the dining room, maintaining food and sanitation quality and participating in all dining services as directed. Competitive pay, Dental and Vision along with PTO accrued on the first day. Get free meals, monthly inventive drawings, and Verizon discounts! We also subscribe to www.benefithub.com where you can get 20-60% off 100,000 items such as tickets, restaurants, sporting events, and local deals. Work to help us create and environment you would want for your own loved one!
We're more than a company. We're a family.
You hear it everywhere - companies describing themselves as a family. But families are all different, and so is the way they look at work and life. This is what makes us the best kind of family. We recognize each person's talents, skills and personality and bring that into their position. We encourage people to become the best they can be and hold them to high standards. That's because we believe in them, and their success. These family ties, so to speak, are part of every decision we make as a company.
We don't just work together - we laugh, eat and learn together as a staff and with our residents! We believe that every day can be a good one, for both employees and residents. Dedicated to this philosophy for more than 30 years, we've learned that the secret to everything - working, celebrating and even getting through the tough stuff - is doing it with love. By working to create the kind of community we would want for our own loved ones, where warmth, love and respect are abundant, we also create a unique, positive and caring workplace. Feeling valuable, special and loved isn't just a goal for our residents. It's how we want everyone to experience our community.
Part Time Dining Server position details:
- Prepare foods as assigned by the Cook.
- Participate in serving food or beverages, as directed.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe kitchen/dining room environment.
- Store food properly for infection control.
- Bus tables during and after meals, as directed.
- Empty and return dish carts and/or tubs.
- Clean and sanitize equipment, appliances, floors, drains, storage areas, refrigerator, freezer and sinks according to schedule.
- Vacuum carpet and clean floor in dining room as scheduled.
- Rinse and soak dishes and tableware; load, run and monitor the dish machine.
- Soak and clean pots and pans, as directed.
- Put away clean dishes, tableware, pots and pans.
- Empty trash; break down boxes and dispose of recyclables, as directed.
- Prepare, deliver and retrieve resident food trays, as directed.
- Notify Supervisor of needed supplies and equipment/appliance malfunctions.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Part Time Dining Server knowledge, skills, abilities and requirements:
- Maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information pertaining to residents, prospective residents, facility operations and personnel.
- Recognize improvement opportunities.
- Prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in a fast paced, service oriented, environment.
- Work scheduled hours based on personnel and Community needs; may be required to work weekends.
- Maintain constructive relationships with co-workers, residents and families.
- Adhere to confidentiality of information pertaining to residents, Community operations and personnel.
- Promote residence and the Company in a positive way.
- Participate in staff, resident, family or marketing activities and events as directed.
- Compliance with State and Federal food handling and safety regulations.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem-solving skills.
- At least 1 year of prior food preparation and service experience preferred.
- Experience working with elderly population preferred; not required.
- Prior working experience as a server or wait staff.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required.
- Every other weekend is required.
Come on, join the family!
If you'd like to join a group of passionate, caring people who use our collective experiences to positively impact the lives of our people every day, talk to us! Together, we're working to redefine what senior care should be. Learn more at www.agemark.com, or just click "Apply Now" to get started. EOE.
Care, serve and love - because there's no other way to take care of family.
Apply for this job