Utility Prep Cook
United States Meriwether - La Vista NE 68128
Work where you can make a difference!
No crazy late-night hours & consistent number of customers!
We are an Agemark Senior Living community ranked #10 with Great Places to Work, and looking for a Cook to prepare meals, perform food service activities and be an engaged part of an amazing team!
When we say “We’re like family” at Agemark, it means something!
The truth about families is that no two are alike. But big or small, traditional or laid back, here’s what all healthy families have in common: they love, support, listen to and respect one another. And they share traditions, expectations and values. For more than 30 years, these are the things that have made Agemark a family of happy, engaged and productive employees – and of grateful, happy customers. You’ll feel the difference the moment you walk through the door of any one of our communities.
As a Utility Prep Cook, the core of your job will be to assist in prepping food, perform food service activities and be an engaged part of the team. This will required some rotating weekend and holiday work.
You’ll also be responsible for the following:
- Prepare foods as assigned by cooks or supervisors.
- Participate in serving food or beverages as requested.
- Dish up food and/or assist in food preparation as requested by cooks or superivosrs
- Assist in record keeping as assigned.
- Empty trash and dispose of recyclables in assigned areas.
- Notify Supervisor of needed supplies and equipment malfunctions.
- Help maintain a clean, orderly and safe kitchen environment.
- Clean/sanitize equipment, appliances, floors, drains, storage areas, refrigerator, freezer and sinks according to schedule.
- Follow daily, weekly and monthly cleaning tasks
- Rinse/soak dishes and tableware; load, run and monitor the dish machine.
- Soak and clean pots and pans, as directed.
- Put away clean dishes, tableware, pots and pans.
- Store food properly for infection control.
- Embrace & demonstrate the organization’s 4 core values: Professionalism, Integrity, Compassion, Commitment
- Previous experience working with elderly population preferred; not required.
- Previous experience as a server or wait staff.
- Previous experience prepping food highly preferred.
- Excellent care and customer service
- Knowledge of food handler and safety regulations.
- Must be able to be work independently
- Able to lift up to 35 lbs repetitively
- Able to communicate with co-workers and residents
- Able to write, read, and utilize math skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and implement written and verbal instructions
- Basic math skills necessary
- Ability to follow direction and work in a team environment
Join the family!
Apply for this job