Memory Care Manager
United States Meriwether - La Vista NE 68128
The Meriwether, an Agemark Senior Living community ranked #10 with Great Places to Work, is looking for a Memory Care Manager to work with families, service providers and employees to meet resident needs by providing excellent, consistent and personalized services based on the principals and values of the company and the Best Friends Approach to Alzheimer’s care.
When we say “We’re like family” at Agemark, it means something!
The truth about families is that no two are alike. But big or small, traditional or laid back, here’s what all healthy families have in common: they love, support, listen to and respect one another. And they share traditions, expectations and values. For more than 30 years, these are the things that have made Agemark a family of happy, engaged and productive employees – and of grateful, happy customers. You’ll feel the difference the moment you walk through the door of any one of our communities.
- PTO/Holiday & Floating Holiday on DAY 1
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Free EAP
- Free Meals
- Profit Sharing/Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K with a match
- Verizon discount
- Gym membership discount
- Assist in hiring, training and supervise as needed to create a successful team with the approval of the Director.
- Conduct timely performance appraisals.
- Develop, lead, challenge and motivate through effective communication, ongoing training and other personal growth opportunities, and recognition programs.
- Address problems and grievances; carry out disciplinary action and dismissals when necessary with the advice, and support of the Director.
- Assist with and operate within annual budget.
- Work with families, service providers and employees to meet resident needs by providing excellent, consistent and personalized services based on the principals and values of the company and the Best Friends Approach to Alzheimer’s care.
- Help residents to live safely and dignity through supportive services, security and privacy measures, as well as emergency response systems and protocol.
- Maintain documentation in compliance with all regulations.
- Counsel families and residents to make informed choices regarding health or service plan changes, problem resolution, risk management and alternative placement or care when necessary.
- Required to attend all meetings that involve a memory care resident.
- Establish a safe routine and fall prevention program for residents who are at risk of falling. Encourage and provide an exercise program around the abilities of individual residents.
- Participate in all marketing, public relations, advertising and sales activities, in partnership with the Director concerning memory care.
- Assure all areas of the neighborhood are clean and well maintained at all times.
- Update Marketing systems and complete reports.
- Participate in employee, resident, family, company marketing events and activities.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and requirements
- Nursing degree preferred
- Experience working with seniors required; working with dementia preferred.
- Previous experience in senior housing, elder care or related industry required
- At least 2 years experience in a supervisory role REQUIRED
- Possess knowledge or able to learn the following: Facility licensure regulations; OSHA regulations; MSDS sheets and procedures; fire and safety procedures; various employment and labor laws, employee testing and workers compensation; and food service regulations.
- Proven track record of integrity
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficient computer skills with experience in social media networking
- Must be detail oriented and accurate
- Able to be on the floor engaging in daily contact with residents, families, prospects, employees and other professionals, to establish and maintain constructive relationships.
- Able to create an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and optimism, and a positive reputation in the community.
- Display the ability, willingness and judgment to make decisions, take action, and follow through; know when to defer to Director.
- Able and willing to perform any job in any department, as needs arise.
- Ability to work scheduled hours based on personnel and community needs including possible weekends and evenings
Join the family!
Apply for this job